Tuesday, June 5, 2007

photogragher--- Annie Leibovitz






















One of the most celebrated (female) photographers, Annie Leibovitz (born October 2, 1949 in Waterbury, Connecticut) is a noted American portrait photographer whose style is marked by a close collaboration between the photographer and the subject.

Her portraits have been appearing in magazines for over 25 years. She started as a photographer for Rolling Stone magazine and works for Vanity Fair and Vogue.

Women is a representative theme to her. It’s an exhibition and also a book with powerful photographs of women living in America at the end of the 20th century.


Annie Leibovitz' portraits of women have a very wide range. She documents domestic assault, "the leading cause of injuries to American women", with portraits of victims of domestic violence. She goes beyond the stereotypes of female beauty, but of course also presents models of beauty, like actress and sportswomen.

In 2007, Leibovitz was asked by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to take her official picture for her state visit to Virginia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Vanessa Ricarte said...

Hi Ann! I was just looking at some blogs and I've found yours! I think it's a very interesting post. Congratulations!

P.S. I'm brazilian. Sorry if I wrote something wrong.